Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Paper Pieced Sweetheart


Hi!  This is Sweeheart Marci, from the latest Valentine Collection.  Every time I sit down to color up this adorable Marci I remember my daughters when they were small and wore their hair in pigtails just like this, giggling and making homemade valentines.  I really enjoy these cute Marci stamps and this is definately one of my faves.  I decided to paper piece her dress to match the background paper.  And her buttons are tiny twinkles (small rhinestones).  And then the pink ball-tipped pins kinda resemble the pony holders in her hair and add a fun element to the card.  I always dip the ends of pins in crystal effects and hold it til it dries and creates a protective ball on the ends so nobody gets poked ;)

That's all for today!  You can see more like this on my personal blog, Ink Something 2

Happy Crafting!!
Kristine

5 comments:

  1. This card is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love how you paper pieced her. TFS!!!
    ~Heidi Brawley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Thanks for the tip on using crystal effects for the pins. Nothing like having someone get poked!

    Hugs,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! I love the colors and the subtle greens you've paired up with the pink. Marci looks adorable and Thank you for the tip on the pin ends. :)

    ReplyDelete