Thursday, August 24, 2017

Tutorial Thursday - Gift card holder


 Hi!
Today I have a tutorial for you. I'll show you how to make a Gift card holder decorated with lots of la-la land crafts die cuts and la-la land crafts image.

What you need:
white cardstock
design paper
yellow ribbon
scissors
scoring board
paper trimmer
double sided adhesive
liquid adhesive
enamel dots
3d foam pads

la-la land crafts items you need: 

Step 1:
Take white cardstock (mine is 300g) and cut out 2 squares and then score them.
9" x 4.5" score at (the long side) 4.5"
4.5" x 3.5" score at (the short side) 0.5", 2", 3"


Step 2:
Measure the middle of the third scored space on the smaller rectangle. This one should measure 4.5" x 1". We need to make a hole/line to put a gift card inside. I made a cut 1/4" from both sides. Then I moved the ruller a bit down, less than 1/16" and cut another line so I made my cut a bit wider so that the card can slide in perfectly.



... here you can see what I mean with the wider cut. hehe ...


I try to see if everything fits together before I start gluing things together.


Step 3:
Take your white cardstock again and chosen design papers and cut out 10 rectangles. Five are from white cardstock (measurments bellow) and five from design paper. Rectangles from design papers are all 1/8" smaller than the ones from white cardstock.
4 3/8" x 3 3/8"
4 3/8" x 2 6/8"
4 3/8" x 1 3/8"
3 3/8" x 3"
4 3/8" x 4 3/8"



Step 4:
Make die cuts. You can find the list of dies used on the begining of this tutorial.


Step 5:
Colour in your image and fussy cut it. I used Distress ink pads to colour mine (black soot, barn door, fossilized amber).


Step 6:
Before I glue together my first two cardstock pieces I cut out small triangles on the smaller part, so that it will look prettier when glued together and no edge will peek out.


Put double sided adhesive on both 0.5" flaps.


Adhere the lower one 1" right from the middle fold and the other one 1.5" left from the middle fold.


Once glued down you get a holder for your gift card. Now it's time to decorate it.


Step 7:
Decorate the box like you see on the pictures.


Be careful! When you plan to adhere the 3 3/8" x 3" rectangle you only put double sided adhesive on the top and bottom, because you will put a small tag under it from the side. Tag can be pulled out later.



Put the tag under the yellow part.


The inside is now decorated.


Step 8:
Before adhering the front of the card you need to adhere the ribbon so that the card inside will be secured and it will not fall out.




Put the ribbon on the back of the gift card holder too.


Step 9:
Adhere together the front, add some glitter and enamel dots. Then make pretty pictures and post it on la-la land crafts FB page!! hehe ...



That's all from me today! I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. Until next time ...
t.

No comments:

Post a Comment